Magnetostrictive Level Gauge Measurements are intended for continuous measurement of petroleum products levels (fuel and LPG), produced water level and temperature in tanks at petrol stations, tank farms and refineries. The magnetostrictive level transmitters are based on the principle named Wiedemann effect and enable continuous and highly accurate reading of liquid’s level. The XMT-SI level transmitter consists of a microprocessor based electronic circuit placed inside one aluminum case head and a stainless steel shaft containing a wave guide placed inside the tank.
A high frequency electric impulse is transmitted through the electronic device. In the matching point with the magnetic field generated the permanent magnet placed inside the float, a mechanic impulse is generated thanks to the magnetostrictive torsional strain. The mechanic impulse spreads through the wave guide to the speed of sound up to the sensor placed in the measuring head. The timing between the transmission of the going impulse and the return impulse exactly defines the position of the floats.
XMT-SI family are high precision measure instrumentation which are suitable to measure product level, water level and temperature in various type of underground and above ground tank, also placed in hazardous areas.
The XMT-SI family is intrinsically safe certified for 0 Zone and through an intrinsically safety barrier can be connected to console or PC positioned in a safety zone for having a complete control of the tank.
The following models are available:
XMT-SI-485 transmits data on the 485 bus. It can be configured for polling mode or push mode functioning based on the needing. It is externally powered the communication bus.
XMT-SI-RF transmits data using a radiofrequency transmission with variable frequency depending on the level changes inside the tank. It is powered a lithium battery positioned inside the probe and certified also for intrinsically safety. In order to grant the intrinsically safety of the transmitter, the battery must be replaced only another one supplied Start Italiana.
XMT-SI-TTL transmits data using a TTL interface for OEM applications. The associated instrument must be certified in case it is necessary to install the product in a certified zone.
XMT-SI-485-LOG transmits data on a 485 bus. It is configured for functioning in polling mode. Normally it is powered externally using a communication bus. If the external power is disconnected, automatically a battery placed inside allows to keep the probe working and stores the level changes in a non-volatile memory for subsequent download of the data possible on recovery of the main supply.
1- Magnetostrictive I.S. probes XMT SI 485 (Intrinsecally safe version)
2- Wireless I.S.XMT-RF Probes (Intrinsecally safe version battery operated)
3- Magnetostrictive XMT Probe Explosion proof version
4- Black Seal Magnetostrictive probe. Theft-proof magnetostrictive level probe with memory, integrated floats
- Bend-proof, strong Ø 48 mm. aluminium shaft with special antistatic hard oxidation treatment: stronger than stainless steel pipes.
- Integrated floats: preventing theft attempts, suitable for turbulent flowing liquids.
- Memory: data saving in case of power failure; should cable be cut or removed, data are saved in probe internal memory.
- Supports tele-diagnostic /maintenance functions, remote configuration of operation parameters.
- Connection to the tank: inside riser.
- Circular connection.
- Power supply: 12 VDC / battery.
- RS485 serial port / antenna.
- IP68 protection (submersible up to 1,2 m. per 24 hours).
- Calculation of data relating to:
- – Product level in 0,01 mm
- – Interface level in 0,01 of mm. (water presence detection)
- – Product mean temperature up to max. 5 integrated digital sensors.
- Standard measuring accuracy: +/- 0,5 mm.
- Standard resolution: +/- 0,01 mm.
- Temperature accuracy range -20 +70 °C: +/- 0,2 °C.
- Temperature resolution: ± 0,0625 °C.
5- Probes accessories
I.S. IP68 Junction box
An high IP rated multi-way connector box suitable for filling with bi-component gel to wiring magnetostrictive probes and sensors.
Ex d IP68 Junction box
Die Cast aluminium junction box.
S T A R T I T A L I A N O I R A Q